Bertha has been with Arias since 2003, becoming a partner in 2005. Ranked as a leading lawyer by Chambers & Partners, she has coordinated and advised in the opening and acquisition of several banks and financial institutions in Nicaragua, as well as acting as counsel in restructuring, regulatory and compliance matters. She has also advised on both local and international corporations in financing and investment transactions as well as security structuring in the country and the Central American region. Bertha has also served as legal advisor to local companies and foreign entities looking to invest in Nicaragua.
- Law degree from the Universidad Autonoma de Centro America in San José, Costa Rica.
- Authorized to practice law and as a Notary Public in Costa Rica and Nicaragua.
- Master of Laws degree from Harvard University School of Law.
- Recognized as Attorney of the year - Finance, by The Latin America Lawyer.
- Recognized as "Market Leader" by IFLR 1000
- LACCA approved
- Bertha has been ranked in the "Band 1" category for her practice in the Corporate/Commercial department by the prestigious guides, Chambers Global and Chambers Latin America. According to Chambers, sources highlight Bertha as "an excellent lawyer - fast, direct and transparent".
- Leading Lawyer in The Legal 500