María Gabriel has experience in the analysis of contracts signed between transnational entities and the State for proper execution, real estate status analysis for contract negotiations, contract review of different kinds, as well as in matters of corporate governance. Her professional experience includes extensive knowledge in substantive and procedural Labor Law in employer entities, Administrative Law, and Commercial Law among others; she has participated in the negotiation and drafting of civil and commercial contracts of all kinds, negotiations, and transactions with national and international entities, mergers and acquisitions, participation in financing and corporate credits, energy, and telecommunications issues, real estate, customs law issues, and Tax Law.
Advise in Corporate Law to national and transnational companies, advice on the preparation of Due Diligences for banking entities and multinationals entities, revision and preparation of Shareholders' Agreements for multinational entities, constitution and modification of Public Limited Companies and documentation of the company, both national entities such as offshore entities abroad, civil and commercial contracts, corporate advice to national and international banking entities, substantive labor legal advice, residence procedures for foreigners, preparation of documents and management of bidding processes before State entities, review and negotiation of credits. Adviser in Energy Law and legislation of the Electric, Corporate, Civil, Labor, Administrative and Environmental Market.
Responsible for Notarial Affairs, responsible for the administrative entities, the elaboration of own contracts of the electric market, typical, atypical and of diverse nature, elaboration of contracts of leases, purchase and sale of real estate, rights of way, negotiation of contracts of Financing and EPC (turnkey) with foreign contractors, in accordance with the laws applicable to such contracts. A representative of the Legal Department in the implementation of the Integrated Management System (ISO Certifications). Elaboration of documents, coordination, and management in bidding processes, Environmental Impact Evaluation Studies, Authorizations for the Use of Public Domain Goods, and administrative procedures necessary for the implementation of Electric Power Generation Projects.
She has worked as Manager of the Legal Area in Guatemala for entities dedicated to real estate and telecommunications, so her corporate experience is extended to this industry, she has also advised corporate issues to entities engaged in the production, distribution, and marketing of fertilizers, agrochemicals, agricultural equipments, customs entities, national and international distributors, and different national and multinational business routes.
- Attorney and Notary Public, from Universidad Rafael Landívar, Guatemala.
- Post Degree in Corporate and Tax Law from Instituto de Derecho Mercantil/USAC.
- Diploma in Electricity Market and Regulations from EAI Center.
- Diploma in Intelectual Property from Colegio de Abogados y Notarios de Guatemala/USAC.
- Guatemalan Bar Association.
- “Application and Relationship of Labor Law with Criminal Law in judicial proceedings in which a crime has been committed within the workplace." Thesis prepared to obtain the Law degree the Academic degrees Lawyer and Notary Public from Universidad Rafael Landívar in 2010.
- "Analysis of derived cases as of the validity of the Tax Update Law related to the Income Tax that charges the distribution of dividends, profits, and operating profits." Work to obtain a Postgraduate Degree in Commercial Tax Law from USAC, 2018.