Diego specializes in asset finance and project finance transactions, including finance and capital markets structuring and regulations.
He rejoined Arias in 2017 after pursuing his LL.M degree at Columbia University and holding positions in the Washington D.C. offices of Chadbourne & Parke LLP (now Norton Rose Fulbright) and the International Finance Corporation (IFC). There, Diego specialized in project finance transactions, infrastructure projects and advisory work on political risk mitigation and FDI attraction.
His recent work experience in Arias includes:
- Representing Bank of America N.A. as Administrative Agent and Lead Arranger and a syndicate of Lenders in a senior secured term loan A facility for $195MM a senior secured term loan B facility for $380MM and a senior secured revolving credit facility for US$380 MM with Evertec Group LLC as Borrower.
- Representing Deutsche Bank AG and a syndicate of lenders in a $150M sale of receivable by Avianca Airlines to USAVflow as Borrower.
- Representing Banco Latinoamericano de Comercio Exterior S.A. in a $100M Loan to Cooperativa de Productores de Leche Dos Pinos.
- Representing OPIC and Citibank N.A. as Lenders in a US$154,400,000.00 secured loan facility to CrediQ S.A. de C.V. and CrediQ Inversiones C.R., S.A.
- Representing IDB Invest in a $24MM mobile phone handset receivables purchase facility to Telefonica subsidiaries in Guatemala, Costa Rica, and Panama.
- Representing IDB Invest in a $350 MM unsecured loan facility to companies part of a major food and energy conglomerate in El Salvador, Guatemala, and Costa Rica.
- Representing First Citizens Bank as a lender in a US$10.5 MM Credit Facility to a local financial group.
- Representing Cargill Trade and Finance in a US$54,166,666.67 financing to a major state-owned bank in Costa Rica.
- Representing FMO in a US$30MM secured loan facility to a private bank in Costa Rica
- Representing FMO in a US$20 MM unsecured loan to a private bank in Costa Rica.
Previously, he has worked on projects such as the financing of the Lima Metro in Peru, the Costa Norte LNG terminal in Panama, a major refinery project in Costa Rica and other projects in countries such as Kazakhstan, Indonesia, Nepal, and the East African Community.
- Law degree from Universidad of Costa Rica.
- LL.M, Columbia Law School.
- New York (2016)
- Costa Rica (2013)