Victor is partner at Arias, and he is the director of our litigation department in Costa Rica. He has a law degree from the University of Costa Rica with a Master's degree from the University of Tulane, New Orleans. In Tulane, Víctor deepened and wrote about commercial arbitration, an exercise that culminated as him being the editor of the domestic arbitration chapter of the Law of Alternate Conflict Resolution and Promotion of Social Peace, by designation of the Supreme Court of Justice. He is an arbitrator of the Conciliation and Arbitration Center of the Chamber of Commerce (CCA), and of the International Conciliation and Arbitration Center of the Costa Rican-American Chamber of Commerce (CICA-AMCHAM), from which he has received designations as an expert and arbitrator in concession disputes, construction, distribution contracts, acquisitions and others. He has received multiple invitations from the American Bar Association (ABA) Litigation Committee as a speaker on transnational litigation in the Americas.
He has been an expert witness in arbitration proceedings and courts in the United States on matters of damages, distribution contracts, litigation and others. He represents multiple national and multinational companies in trials before the Costa Rican courts regarding damages, distribution contracts, breaches of contract and others. He is usually invited as a speaker at conferences and seminars on arbitration, transnational litigation, corporate, and financial matters. He is regularly recognized as an expert leader in arbitration, litigation, corporate law, financial and is a corporate advisor to important national and foreign companies.
- Law Degree from the Universidad de Costa Rica (UCR).
- LLM Tulane University, New Orleans.
- Listed in Chambers Latin America
- Costa Rican Bar Association
- Arbitration: A new horizon in search of a better justice (1995).
- The conceptual basis for a new arbitral statute for Costa Rica: a new approach in Latin America, Published in Tulane Law Review, vol. 65, no. 6 (1991).
- The abuse of the juridical entities in corporations, Published in Judicial Law Review, no. 50 (1990).
- Wholly owned corporations: the use of special corporate entities, published in Judicial Law review, no. 34 (1985).
- Publications in national and international journals on issues of arbitration and corporate law.