Joined the firm in 2011 and has experienced in corporate law, commercial, mercantile and civil contracting and regulations, local tax and labor matters, mergers and acquisitions, preparation of guarantees and securities for national and international transactions. She has developed her professional practice in Due Diligence projects, corporate, civil and notarial assessments, incorporation of new companies and branches of foreign companies, real estate projects, distribution agreements, contracting with public entities, as a legal consultant in data protection matters, information law and Notary Public, electronic signature and contracting, negotiation of atypical agreements and projects.
She has ample experience in providing legal assessments for due diligence projects, national and international, organization and processing of Data Rooms. She has been an auxiliary lecturer at the Universidad Francisco Marroquin and Universidad Rafael Landívar of Guatemala where she has taught courses on Private and Public International Law.
She has written the Chapter of Guatemala for the International Bar Association (IBA) Guide on Shareholder´ Agreements since 2012. Elaboration of following thesis: "Analysis of the Puebla Panama Plan - Perspectives", Master Thesis 2003 in Universidad Complutense de Madrid, University in Spain (2003); and "Constitutionality of Article 21 of the Law of Savings Protection, Decree Number 5-99 of the Congress of the Republic, for the qualification of debtors of doubtful recovery from the perspective of the due process principle and of the rights of defense and presumption of innocence", for the Francisco Marroquín University in Guatemala (2002).
She has written the Guatemala Chapter for World Bank Group (www.worldbank.org) and its Project called "Enabling the Business in Agriculture" with coordinator Martha Branigan-Sutton, Legal Consultant, Development Economics (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Law Degree from Universidad Francisco Marroquín, Guatemala.
- Attorney and Public Notary from Universidad Francisco Marroquín, Guatemala.
- She wrote her graduation thesis from Universidad Francisco Marroquín on: “Constitutionality of Article 21 of the Law of Savings Protection, Decree Number 5-99 of the Congress of the Republic, for the qualification of debtors of doubtful recovery from the perspective of the due process principle and of the rights of defense and presumption of innocence”.
- Master Degree on International Private and Public Law and International Relations, from Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain.
Her role in the community
- Member of Board of Directors of the German - Guatemalan Chamber.
- Contribution to the World Bank's annual Doing Business report.
- Contribution to the AmCham's annual Doing Business report.
- Pro bono work in the NGO Children from Guatemala.