Gustavo-Adolfo’s beginnings in Arias date to 2003, and since his reincorporation in 2013 in the Corporate department, his transactional practice involves structuring and drafting complex deals, often encompassing issues in the areas of Corporate Law and minority shareholders' rights, Real Estate, Regulatory and other complex legal issues. He has advised banks and international financial institutions as well as multilateral institutions in the granting of credits, including the structuring and negotiation of agreements. He has also participated in various local and regional mergers and acquisitions in industries as diverse as telecommunications, mining, hospitality and restaurants, and energy. Likewise, he has represented national and foreign investors in the purchases of properties as well as the structuring of important commercial transactions. He was appointed as a Partner in 2014.
His professional experience includes two and a half years in the Legal Division of the Inter-American Investment Corporation (IIC), member of the IDB group, where he was part of the team of lawyers in charge of financing in the form of direct loans and equity investments and lines of credit to local financial intermediaries, and in investment funds across all of the Latin American and Caribbean region.
- Law degree (LL.B.) from the Universidad Americana, Managua, Nicaragua.
- He is authorized as a practicing Attorney and Notary Public in Nicaragua.
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) with emphasis in Business and Corporate Law from Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago, IL
- Gustavo has been qualified as an "Up and coming" attorney for his practice in Energy and Natural Resources matters by Chambers Latin America 2015 and 2016.
- Listed as "Recommended layer" by The Legal 500