Arias created an interdisciplinary task force with the participation of different practice areas, that is monitoring and informing about measures taken by the Government to mitigate the impact of COVID 19.
The following cantons and districts remain on Orange Alert:
- Alajuelita (canton)
- Corredores (canton)
- Pavas (district)
- Upala (canton, districts of San José, Las Delicias, Yorillal, Canalete)
- Southeast sector of La Fortuna (San Carlos canton)
- Florencia (San Carlos canton)
- Pococí (canton)
- Desamparados (canton, districts of Patarra, Los Guidos, San Miguel, San Rafael Abajo, San Rafael Arriba, San Juan de Dios)
- Peñas Blancas (canton)
- Los Chiles (canton)
- Paquera (district, Puntarenas canton)
- San Rafael (district, Guatuso canton)
Districts not mentioned above remain on yellow alert, like the rest of the country.
Phases of economic reopening
Cantons and districts mentioned above do not progress toward third phase of economic reopening, nor the districts in yellow alert located nearby these zones:
- La Uruca
- La Merced
- Mata Redonda
- San Francisco de Dos Ríos
- San Sebastián
- San Gabriel
- San Rafael
The rest of the country proceed to third phase of economic reopening, with the following measures:
- Opening of stores at 50% of their capacity on weekends.
- Religious places can open enforcing a minimum distance of 1.8 meters between each person and with a maximum of 75 people.
- Cinemas, theater and museums maintaining 50% of their capacity with pre-purchased tickets and including weekends.
- Bars can open at 50% capacity during the week only.
- Sports centers can open at 50% (hosting activities non-contact sports).
At Arias we remain at your disposal in case you need help. Do not hesitate to contact our specialized team at the following email: Nabila.Gazel@ariaslaw.com.
Our task force will be monitoring all the actions and possible legal implications ordered by the Costa Rican Government during this global crisis.